Of the acres reported upon, 99% were planted to Roundup Ready® sugarbeet varieties, with the remaining 1% to conventional. Those numbers were identical to the 2013 survey. Total beet acreage treated with herbicides (taking into account multiple applications) was 236% — very similar to 2013’s 232%. (By comparison, the corresponding numbers for 2006 and 2007 — the two years just prior to the introduction of Roundup Ready (RR) beets — were 386% and 383%, respectively.)
Read our entire issue and back issues. Click here.